Thursday, February 4, 2010

Spread the Love: My Eulogy

This past Tuesday I attended Spread the love with Justin and Mary Marantz. It. Was. Fabulous! I loved every minute of the 5 (yes 5) hours they spent talking. In fact I think I could have listened for 5 more. Three quick words I would use to describe spread the love.

  1. Emotional

  2. Intense (actually this one is theirs, but I couldn't agree more.)

  3. Informative

I'll give the low down on why I choose these 3...


  1. Mary had me chocked up with in 30 seconds. I am not even exaggerating. Her emotion and passion is contagious. B-T-W, it wouldn't be the last time either.

  2. The five hours was jam packed full of information. I have 12 (half) sheets of notes, and I feel like I still missed some things.

  3. Well... if the 12 sheets couldn't prove this one. How about the fact the it was all pretty much brand new information.

What was really neat was that it wasn't specific to just photographers. While I think every photographer would benefit from it. Anyone could attend, and there life would be so much richer.

Toward the end of the night they had everyone wright there own Eulogy. Then if you wanted to read it you could. There were a few brave souls. Me, not so much. But I did want to share it on my blog. Lucky you!

If Lori was here with us today she would have told you that she probably couldn't even spell Eulogy. If she had to take a stab at it she would have guessed u-i-l-o-g-y (I really had that). She knew in her heart of hearts that she would never work a 9-5. Once in a Sunday school classroom full of teenagers the teacher asked each individual what they wanted to be when they grew up? Most of the children listed very respectable professions. Like teacher, doctor, and lawyer. When it was Lori's turn she didn't even hesitate to answer Mother. The other kids snickered, and she didn't care. There was nothing she looked forward to more than finding the man she would spend the rest of her life with, and mothering his children. Only a few short years later Lori married at the ripe old age of 20. Almost two years later her first son was born. Followed closely by their second son just two years, and one day later. It would take almost another 3 years for their third son to be born, and complete their family. Lori loved to stay home with her children, and was very thankful for her husband's hard work and sacrifice. In the months that would follow an unexpected love would enter her life, and it would change forever. She fell in love with photography quickly, and whole heartily. She put her heart and soul into Calhoun ink while still maintaining balance in the other aspects of her life she was already so proud to have accomplished. She passed her love for people and capturing them with the camera onto her husband, and three son's who still run Calhoun ink today.


That was pretty much as far as I got. It's not profound, but it's me. I think I'll take it.

Lori

2 comments:

Krazy Kobels said...

What a beautiful description!!! I would agree, and I love the great person you are!

Mary Marantz said...

I LOVE it! And I'm so, so proud of you.